I know what you're thinking. I've been there too, kind of intrigued, want to have a session but you don't have a "reason"? I can help you out.
Let me tell you a little story.
In 2007 I got married. I was at my highest weight ever, and though I didn't know it at the time I was battling my PCOS pretty hard core. I hated my body and I didn't feel like all the other brides I saw "sweating for the wedding" and stuff. Anyhow, I wanted to do a bridal boudoir session, but all the sites I could find showed pretty thin blonde girls, like the kind you see modeling for Victoria's Secret. So I didn't do it.
YEARS go by.
When I picked up my camera in 2013 I never imagined that I had a desire for taking photos of women in lingerie. But it again, intrigued me. And when I found out I had a super power for making women comfortable with me (and themselves!) and can empower my clients?! I've been unstoppable ever since. Ok...so back to my story. In 2014 I had my first shoot and you know what? It wasn't for a "reason", it wasn't for my husband of 6 years, it was for my own damn self.
So anyhow my point is you don't need a reason to have a boudoir session.
Let me repeat that.
You don't need a reason to have a boudoir session.
But in case you really think you do, here are my top 5 reasons to do a session.
1. It's your birthday. You can celebrate a milestone like 30, 40, 50, or it can just be a random birthday. It can be your partners birthday too!
2. It's Christmas. You can be a gift to yourself, or a partner. An album makes an amazing gift under the tree and I have some creative ideas on how to present your *ahem* box.
3. You're getting married or celebrating an anniversary. What better way to say I love you than with nudes? *nudity not required.
4. Post-Partum or a Weight Loss milestone. Show off those curves girl!
5. Post Divorce!! Revenge porn is a thing, maybe not a good thing, but it exists...so why not be a little healthier, safer, and make better choices with a revenge boudoir session. Remind yourself who you are, reaffirm your beauty and sexuality, and maybe post one where he/she may see it so they can see what they're missing.
Ok so there are 5 reasons, if you need one. But, I promise, "because you want to" is reason enough.